Re: [OM] Technology Survey

Subject: Re: [OM] Technology Survey
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 19:43:24 +1030
On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 06:36:24AM +0100, Philippe wrote:

> Had two 1040 too - one with a BW screen for typing reports, and the other one
> for the kids to play with on the box.
>
> Wasn???t the 68XXX series also used in space, and in the Apple 2 and later?
>
> Best
> Ph

The Apple II used the  MOS Technology  6502 processor.

The Lisa was the the first 68000 based system Apple made (I think)
-interestingly XENIX appears to have been available for it

My dirty little secret: I have an  Apple IIe in my museum. I'm sure I'm
not going directly to Purgatory because it has a z80 card in it and was
mainly used for CP/M. I'm not sure the poor old thing even still works.

:)

davidt