Re: [OM] Sensor Tails . . . [was IMG: October]

Subject: Re: [OM] Sensor Tails . . . [was IMG: October]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 21:00:58 -0900
Ah. aRGB. That evil thing.

As to the Canon picks, you know I don't ever read the instructions, Right?

Well, The E-300 also has a bloody good sensor. :)  You know that I
screamed for a couple of years that they should have done an E-1 Mk2
with that sensor. But this all makes sense because the in-camera JPEGs
were slightly amped up in the consumer cameras as opposed to the pro
cameras in those days. The RAW files are normal, though.

E definitely had a certain CMOS look to it that just didn't let the
shadows do what shadows want to do. It's E64 in a Provia world.

The first one has a little bit of "haze" over it compared to the
others. This is something I've seen with my E-1s, but I always twerk
my images to de-haze whatever is there. I believe that the haze is
actually caused by the dithering algorithm.

I've been scorching my cameras with billions of reflected photons from
the mountains here. The 14-42, while decent, isn't a 14-54. I'd like
to get one before spring.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx