Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 44: Goodbye to Cheeta

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 44: Goodbye to Cheeta
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 07:42:48 -0600
On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 12:44 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> The week that ended October and began November was a low point of the year
> for me, for reasons that you all know (if you have looked at my PADs or
> Facebook). The loss of our beloved doggie was the dominant event, of
> course. But life goes on and it is not all gloom, therefore. As usual,
> there are restaurant visits, and at the end of the week, the discovery of
> the best bar in Alicante, after 10 years of living here:

Nathan,
You and I lost our fathers in the same year.  I am not without hope that I
shall know him again in some manner, but there is a hollow place in the
room when the family gathers.  There is always a present loss when I go to
see my mother, who at 95 still presides over us.  I realize that that loss
is also a gift in that many men do not and have not had a good relationship
with their fathers.

We had a much-loved dog when I was a boy -- a black cocker mix  of some
sort we called Cinder.  As a wee lad I asked my dad if there was an
afterlife for Cinder and he said, "It wouldn't be much of an afterlife
without her," which I thought was a wise thing.

Better days soon,
Joel W.