Re: [OM] Beware the new Firefox!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Beware the new Firefox!!
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 19:39:10 -0800
So these are the add-ons that I used frequently and are now missing. Most with no acceptable alternative. At least that I've been able to find so far.

Histogram Viewer

Image Zoom. only image as opposed to the universal page zoom

Print Preview button is gone

Color Toggle. Overrides garish page colors with my default colors. Trying Page Colors and Fonts buttons.

Sun Cult. Daily basic astronomical info. most useful is azimuth of sun/moon rise/set.

View Cookies of current web page. Handy to be able to save only certain cookies. Can be difficult to discern when they don't all use the same domain name on one page.

What's the Tide. Current state of tide and trend.

All-in-one sidebar. Custom Sidebar control

Color Picker. eyedropper to get HEX code for any color on the page.

Easy Accent. Easy and fast way to type diacritical marks without having to memorize a bunch of ALT codes or switch keyboards.

FireFTP  very easy and convenient. Will have to go back to Filezilla.

FireFTP toolbar button

FxIF  now trying the alternative.

Another annoyance is the rectangular tabs as opposed to the old rounded ones and the poor color contrast between the active tab and the background tabs. My visual acuity isn't what it once was so sometimes I close out the wrong tab. Maybe there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing or it's buried in the about:config menus. Maybe a different theme...  I've played around with the tab settings and the newtab settings to get something that I can live with. Also still looking for the about:config settings for the bookmarks toolbar favicon size and spacing. The new ones are bigger so my bookmarks which were once visible now scroll off the edge.

Life is too short to have to fart around with this crap @#$% instead of reading about the latest idiotic (scary) thing our dear POTUS has been spewing. ;)