Re: [OM] OT: Alien Invasion

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Alien Invasion
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 03:12:15 +0000
Footfall is a great book. Read it many years ago, also. And just finished
re-reading most of the Ringworld series, and am currently re-reading some
of the later Heinlein. This is what happens when all your old favorite SF
has been packed away for something like two decades, and you finally get to
unpack it all.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 2:07 PM Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      I read the original "Ringworld" more than 45 years ago, and this
> summer read a signed copy of "Ringworld's Children".
>
>      On another note, I recently watched the A&E remake of "Lathe of
> Heaven" starring James Caan.  It was a bit disappointing as it departed
> from the book a bit too much, so I looked for and downloaded the original
> PBS version.  Haven't watched it yet, but I do remember the last line
> spoken by the alien: "To go is to return."
>

> >   If you haven't read the Ringworld series you may want to start with
> >"Ringworld" before reading its sequel "Ringworld Engineers". And if you
> >haven't read much of Niven you may want to track down a copy of "Tales of
> >Known Space" to fill in the back story leading up to Ringworld.
> >

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --
>
> --
---