[OM] Nathan's PAD 18/11/2017: back to the Carrasqueta

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 18/11/2017: back to the Carrasqueta
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 20:54:50 +0100
A nagging knee injury has put a bit of a damper on my cycling since the summer;
my monthly distance has declined from the usual 1000-1200 km to 700-800 km, and
I have not visited my favourite mountain passes since June/July. But now,
thanks to aggressive physiotherapy and generally taking care of myself, I am
able to do my normal rides again, albeit at a slightly slower speed. So, on
Sunday I cycled up to the Carrasqueta pass, at 1020 m (and I live at sea
level). It was great to be back at this familiar spot where I usually spend
5-10 minutes eating a banana, taking a pee, and resting a bit:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-JTGwLxC/A

And enjoying the view:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8kfd5S8/A

As is clear from the first picture, the road to the pass is popular among
motorcyclists. I do not blame them; it is a well-surfaced, curvy mountain road,
with ample opportunities for getting your knee down (the motocycling equivalent
of losing your virginity). Sadly, sometime things go wrong:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-mGz4R4g/A

I fee fortunate to live in a place where I can ride in this kind of landscape
in shorts in late November.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman