Re: [OM] Christmas camera gift ideas

Subject: Re: [OM] Christmas camera gift ideas
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 20:54:20 -0800
On 11/22/2017 2:32 PM, Goss,Steve wrote:
Hi, Y'all-
My daughter would like a new camera for Christmas. She currently has an old
Kodak Easyshare camera that is about 10 years old.

Little to go on. As it appears she likes it other than for battery life, some idea of FL range and physical size could be helpful.

Her main complaint is that it eats batteries. It takes either two double A, or
a rechargeable pack in the shape of two double A. The rechargables we had were
nicads and are long dead, and she's trying to use alkaline. It doesn't help
that she prefers to use live view instead of the viewfinder.

A new camera is the better solution, but battery life isn't a big deal to solve. Cameras like that eat alkalines. My old Canon A710 (probably an excellent replacement) which left, then returned, ate two at a time, while the A650 ate four at a time. Get some Eneloops or the Amazon versions and battery problems mostly go away. They last much longer per charge and are good for lots and lots of recharge cycles.

Charged Up Moose