Re: [OM] OT: Bimmer tire conundrum

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Bimmer tire conundrum
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 18:24:19 -0900
> Thanks AG.  I was hoping for a possible other solution than dedicated  snows.
> The low aspect ratio RFTs are bone jarring up here.  RFTs remind me of EVF's
> a few generations back.

I'm not sure what my all-season options are, yet. I'm a huge fan of
Goodyear AT-S or Wrangler Silent Armor tires, but they don't come in
the right size for the X5. What I'm tempted to do is pick up some 18"
wheels and go really big. I've seen a few X5s that have been
de-city-slickered, and they are pretty good looking.

I agree with you about the occasional hard ride of the RFTs.
Fortunately, there are very few potholes up here, but doing any form
of off-roading makes you long for a set of 33" tires on 15" rims that
are down to 10-15 pounds of air-pressure.

AG (Jeep'n) Schnozz