Re: [OM] OT: Bimmer tire conundrum

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Bimmer tire conundrum
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 23:20:51 -0900
> It’s a firm ride because it’s an M Sport model, with corresponding
> suspension, but I have no problem with the RFTs, no tramlining etc . . .

Funny that you should mention tramlining. It's really bad with my X5
up here in Alaska. So many people use studded tires that the roads all
have DEEP grooves worn in them. There is one stretch of highway where
it's hard to keep the vehicle in the lane. I notice other BMWs
suffering the same fate in that area. We're moving around like drunk
drivers. Fortunately, they just repaved the highway all the way from
Eagle River to my work exit in Anchorage. (I work on the north end of
the city, so it's a quick 14 mile drive). That section of pavement was
only three years old and they had to repave it because the grooves
were 3-4 inches deep. The highway crews hate that people use studded
tires, but people use studded tires because the highway crews don't
remove the snow or ice from the roads. (no road salt here).

The neighbor kids have been sledding on our street. Yesterday, I
walked down to the mailbox and needed my ice cleats on my shoes.

Our first month of winter is about over. Only eight more to go.

AG Schnozz