Re: [OM] being tracked on the internet

Subject: Re: [OM] being tracked on the internet
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:43:49 -0800
> From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> It never amazes me that big brother is tracking one's movements !

If that bothers you, you should be using a proxied browser or “incognito mode.”

The downside is that they don’t keep cookies, so things like website passwords
go away every time you quit.

For some strange reason, I feel a tiny bit more comfortable with corporations
tracking me, than I would if it were the government. All the corporations want
to do is sell me something, and I gots no money. :-) Whereas, the government
might be more nefarious.

I’m aware that NSA and other TLAs may be tracking things, but they don’t appear
to be too tied in to the rest of government. If the NSA started sharing data
with the IRS or (heaven forbid) local zoning and building permit authorities,
that would be trouble.

("We’ve noticed Fred Smith of 1234 Main Street just ordered a complete set of
kitchen appliances, but hasn’t taken out a building permit. Give him a surprise
inspection. Aught to be good for a few thousand in permits, late fees, and
penalties.”)

:::: You are asked, what would you do if you could be God for a day? Then why
not shut up and do it, in proper scale of your life and your energy and your
abilities, right now, because you very much are? -- Mark Moreford
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Mark+Moreford>
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::