Re: [OM] Tea Time

Subject: Re: [OM] Tea Time
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 21:15:34 +1100
Hasn't Donald T visited ?

...Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus
[mailto:olympus-bounces+wayne.harridge=structuregraphs.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
] On Behalf Of Ken Norton
Sent: Saturday, 25 November 2017 12:19 PM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Berkeley ........ you are kidding :-)
> click forward to number 10

I was picking on Moose.

As to #10, I can certainly see why. I'm mighty happy being here--frostbite
and all. But the crime-rate is also rather high. Part of that has to do with
the extreme diversity, but it also has to do with the "island"
characteristic that prevents people seeking opportunity elsewhere from being
able to get there. Unlike the lower-48, you can't just hitchhike your way
from one state to another.
Anchorage is the funnel point where everybody ends up at from elsewhere in
the state. Another part of this is that there are multiple Alaskas. There is
the Anchorage Alaska, there is the Oil Industry Alaska, there is the Fishing
Industry Alaska and there is the Bush Alaska. All Alaskas connect to
Anchorage in some form. And of course, there is the Aviation Alaska. That's
another story altogether.
But it is said that Alaska is pretty much its own country that happens to
share currency with the USA. We have statehood, but other than the fact
everybody is a Seattle Seahawks fan, we're more attuned to what is going on
in China, Japan, the Koreas, Singapore and Vietnam than we are Washington
DC.

Maybe THAT is why we are so happy. We're so far away from DC.

AG Schnozz