Re: [OM] Seeking Wide Bokeh Monster

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeking Wide Bokeh Monster
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:56:44 -0800
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Jan wrote:
>> I had one and loved it in my film days, but foolishly cleaned out all my
>> fast-wides in a fit of ?crop-itis.? Now, I?d like to combine one with a
>> speed booster.
>
>  that 28/2 is getting severe photon wear up here in Alaska. :)

Aw, I’m shedding a tear… :-)

Glad you’re enjoying it. That was one of the hardest to part with. I used it
extensively in flat copy work when I was doing fine art reproductions for a
living. Amazingly sharp, corner-to-corner, even wide open!

But the equivalent 56mm field-of-view didn’t excite me at the time, although
with a speed-booster, a 40/1.4 sounds interesting in retrospect...

:::: Eventually the point is reached when all the energy and resources
available to a society are required just to maintain its existing level of
complexity. -- Joseph Tainter <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Joseph+Tainter>
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::