Re: [OM] OT: Wingsuits

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Wingsuits
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 17:35:53 -0800
On 11/30/2017 4:00 PM, Bill Pearce wrote

What kind planes?

Big tubes with a couple of engines and lots of seats. Isn't that what they all
are these days?

:-)

I think all four Cathay Pacific flights were 777s. We did get upgraded from premium economy to old style business class on the Bangkok to Hong Kong flight due to a change of equipment, but I think it was just a different seat layout. I've since received promos from them about new Airbus equipment on (some of?) those routes.

Bangkok <=> Paro, Bhutan is DruckAir/Royal Bhutan Airlines, which flies a couple of A319s. from Wikipedia "Paro Airport is located deep in a valley 2,235 metres (7,333 ft) above sea level, and is surrounded by mountains as high as 4,900 metres (16,100 ft)."

We arrived on the morning flight. Here is the afternoon flight coming in to land. Behind and below it is the famous Tiger's Nest, the cliff top monastery most often seen in anything about Bhutan. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/7PX0N0D15GR20T853> Above are a couple of newer monasteries.

Der Fliegende Moose