[OM] Failing Imac was Re: OM 12-100 f4

Subject: [OM] Failing Imac was Re: OM 12-100 f4
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 06:50:54 +0100
HI John,

I have been meaning to post some moon shots taken hand held with the PL 100-400 - stabilisation is amazing.

Before getting someone to take the imac apart I would invest in a an external disk enclosure with firewire 800 (I am guessing at the imac model you have) and preferably an ssd or hybrid drive, install osx on the external disk and boot from it. and use it like that for a while, from this you will know if the disk is the issue or if its something else like memory or motherboard. If you need help on how to do that contact me off list. If it then works ok then you can get a repair place to swap the disk with the external ssd if its slowevia FW800.

One thing that apple did many years ago that was extremely clever is to make it child's play to switch hardware in case you need to get a new mac

Cheers IanW