Re: [OM] OM 12-100 f4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 12-100 f4
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 22:33:49 -0800
On 12/5/2017 5:00 PM, JOHN DUGGAN wrote:
Well, interesting times !!   Having had 2 E5 mkll's lock up after i upgraded
firmware I struggled to sort out menu's. I ended up doing a factory re-set and
started again from scratch.

Still wondering how that happened. At least you you have a saved profile -
right?

I found  "Mastering the Olympus OM-D E-M5 mkll" very useful inexplaining settings and
options.....highly recommended.    The aim is to keep one body for a Panasonic Wide angle zoom
and Olympus 12-40 and the other body for my 12-100 zoom

I also like the two body solution, but with a wider range of FLs. I actually went to three bodies occasionally in Bhutan, adding am UWA on an E-PL7.

I will not be buying further camera equipment, My left eye is ok but my right
is really being affected by AMD which is a bit of a bugger !!

OUCH! So sorry to hear that.

I am really impressed by the combined image stabilisation of body plus lens
with the 12-100. It really makes hand holding at silly speeds possible, and
auto focus helps.

A GAS attack means I have both the Oly 12-100/4 and the PLeica 12-60/2.8-4. I thought I would find my favorite and send the loser on its way. But no, even after extensive use of both in Bhutan, trading back and forth with MikeG, I still don't have a clear winner.

Both are excellent lenses and both have things that keep them from near perfection. I've not noticed any difference in IS between them in my use. Not testing, just using.

Just loaded some shots on to my 27" Imac to check, screen froze, booted out, restarted, AND NOTHING. After talking issue through with Apple Tech re installed operating sytem and downloaded backup. Worked for an hour then same issues. The machine is 6yrs old, rarely turned off, and I fear my hard drive is toast.Looked at procedure for replacing hard drive and decide that this is one for the experts. My machine has been totally reliable from new.I hope it is not beyond economic repair, I could NOT face going back to a Windoze operating system.

Good luck with that.

On the Fence Moose