Re: [OM] B&W printing

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W printing
From: Lawrence Plummer <PlummerL@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 07:15:59 +0000
On 12/5/2017 7:06 PM, Peter Klein wrote:

For many years, I've been using Paul Roarke's "Black Only" (BO) printing on an
Epson 1800 printer with MIS Eboni ink in three of the print heads and Quadtone
RIP software.  Because of some home renovations, the printer was in storage for
several months. I'm now setting the printer back up and de-clogging the heads.
This is probably a good time to ask how viable this way of printing is in the
long term.

So, what do you folks do for black and white printing?

Hi Peter (fellow Seattleite),

I've been using my Epson 3880 using ABW for quite a while and am always
impressed with the B&W output. It's as close to my old days of silver Agfa
output as I've seen.

Locally, I would definitely try the Costco down on First Ave. or the one up at
Aurora Village. I'm assuming that if you use Costco, you are using the Dry
Creek printer profiles, they have very current ones for both Fuji Crystal
Archive as well as an Epson 7890 (which is news to me). I'd call them (or drop
by) and talk to them about whether they need info to mark the print as B&W.

https://www.drycreekphoto.com/icc/Profiles/Washington_profiles.htm#WA

I'd also be happy to print one off at my house.

larry