Re: [OM] Converters Are Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Converters Are Us
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 14:12:37 -0800
On 12/4/2017 5:22 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
I have to say that the new DxO Photo Lab sets a pretty high bar. Even after DxO ver 11.

I did upgrade. Although I don't use it much, it's handling of super and ultra wide lens distortion is very useful. Their profiles for at least the wider µ4/3 lenses are better than the built-in ones, especially as they don't throw away big bits of the Raw data.

At first, I found their new with last update, slow, but thorough, NR not that great, with an image where NeatImage did a much better job of holding detail while whacking noise. But then I had another image where DxO did a better job. So I also still value it as an alternative NR tool.

The integration of the Nik stuff means nothing to me, as I already have the PS plug-ins. I tried their (something)Point tech before, found them distinctly wanting, and can't see the point when I have layers.

Speaking of layers, I am curious about the new Capture 1, with its claims of full layers functionality. Off to a fabulous singing retreat in the redwoods this weekend, perhaps a trial version after that.

Alternative Moose