Re: [OM] Converters Are Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Converters Are Us
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:44:03 +0100
I hate any delay of more than a second when working on images so my solution is to work on a current yearly catalog and when I import images to it I set it to create full size previews with 30 day expiry and then I have found it best to wait until both import and preview creation has finished before doing any edits - time for a cuppa.

I also have a second catalog with all the photos I have ever taken minus the current year, in there I have created full size previews and also full size smart previews, importing the yearly files into it as each year ends, then I copy it to a an external disk drive to take with me if I travel and want to show the family as it's much smaller than taking all the raws as well.

IanW