Re: [OM] Uggh - E-M5 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Uggh - E-M5 problems
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 15:27:30 -0600
Everyone is missing the point, probably due to my original post not being
100% clear.

First off, I shoot a lot at concerts, so the extra battery, the balance,
and the vertical grip/shutter are important to me. I'm not just going to
give up my battery grip. I've learned how to live without the selector
wheel.

The bigger problem is that the thumb grip on the E-M5 body itself, not the
battery grip, is what just broke off. I'm sure that's a $200 or more repair
just to replace that tiny plastic piece, which is why I'm contemplating
just epoxying it back in place. I can't go without it - there are two
screws sticking out of the body that dig into my thumb.

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I vote for minima-list fellow Moose
> Makes so much sense
>
> Amities
> Philippe
>

> > Le 8 déc. 2017 à 08:09, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> >
> > On 12/7/2017 10:25 PM, Bill Pearce wrote:
> >> I've had an EM5ii for almost a year, ad I have never needed the
> additional power from a grip.
> >
> > E-M5 and E-M5 IIs, five+ years. Sure, I've needed a second battery many
> times, from my pocket.
> >
> >> Try using without it, you may like it.
> >
> > I put up with Winder IIs for film. Don't need the extra size and weight
> for digi. YMMV.
> >
> > Minimalist Moose
> >
> > --
> > What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what it's all about?
> > --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline
www.ARnewsline.org <http://www.arnewsline.org>
Certified Music Junkie

"The Fountain of Youth is a state of mind" -- The Ides of March, "Age
Before Beauty"