Re: [OM] IMG: Testing times

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Testing times
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 22:14:59 +0100
> Le 11 déc. 2017 à 21:56, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> On 12/11/2017 12:04 PM, Philippe wrote:
>> We’re all getting older by the day, some by the week, others …
>> Time machine works wonders when I project slides I shot in the 1830s
>> And you don’t have to know HOW it works, it simply WORKS :-)
>
> What I meant was that I didn't, and don't, know if it requires a second HD
> that is on all the time.

No

You can plug and unplug at will - I do on my main Mac.

> That would leave me with need for a third HD for BU and storage away from the
> computer.

Time Capsule works with Wi-F, nothing to plug in or out.
I have one for my now not much used other Mac.

> I was thinking only about my 6TB image drive, not my boot drive. I probably
> don't back that up often enough, but once again, I want the BU stored away
> from the computer in a safer place. Again, I don't know about Macs. With my
> PC, I BU by cloning the SSD boot drive onto another SSD, so that it's ready
> to be a straight replacement if the primary fails.

I just want to forget about PCs, am I the only one? about the ordeals I went
through. And I think I have found a solution ;-)
Just as I no longer want to shift gears on the car, nor need to pass a degree
in mechanics to drive it - double wink

> Then again, I am under the impression that SSDs are less prone to overall,
> catastrophic failure than their mechanical cousins?

No idea at all, said the Philippe feeling somewhat unconcerned, so far ...
;-)
(make it triple this time)

Amities
Philippe