Re: [OM] OT: East Coast Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: East Coast Weather
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 16:56:43 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     The last time I saw any rain here was 12 August, a full 121 days ago.  And
there is none to be seen in the forecast for at least the next 10 days.  My
record for no rain is 175 days.

     Had two mornings where the temperature dropped into the upper 30's.  Won't
see any more of that for a while either.

     We had the warmest November on record.

>Meanwhile, it's been in the 40's here and almost all our snow has
>melted. However, a few miles to the east, the mountains have been
>getting pounded and there are avalanche warnings.
>
>A few days ago the sun finally got low enough that it doesn't clear
>the mountains to our south, so the house stays in the shade the whole
>time. One of the hazards of living down towards the river instead of
>up higher on the mountainside. But we don't have switchbacks to
>negotiate when the roads are icy. Well, just one, and our street is
>steep... Good thing they dumped gravel on it.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson