Re: [OM] Converters Are Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Converters Are Us
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 21:31:58 -0800
Horses for Courses Moose writes:
<<<DNG as maker's chosen Raw format, written by their camera firmware may be a different
kettle of eels <<<than a converted Raw file.

Yes, not sure AG realized but DXO optics pro now Photolab will convert most raw
files even if the lens has no module

True, but inconvenient. It works with the Laowa 7.5/2.0, but must be done by hand for each frame. (OK, there may be a way to automate, I just don't know, or not.)

I have suggested the Laowa, but don't expect it. They would have to actually modify the app to add a place to enter the lens name. As it is, it depends on EXIF.

  but the camera must be supported.

And there's where it falls down for him and his Panasonic DMC-L1.

DXO only claims to support DNG files created by LR and others may not work. I
am not quite sure of the point of Photolab for DNG's though--may as well just
use PS.

I know nothing about DNGs. IF they retain the original distortion of the lens, DxO OP or PL can still retain the sides of WA µ4/3 files that Adobe, Silky and Oly Viewer whack off the edges. Perhaps that applies also to 4/3 files?

Go Wide, Young Moose