Re: [OM] Data on Burnable CD Lifetime [was: IMG: Testing times]

Subject: Re: [OM] Data on Burnable CD Lifetime [was: IMG: Testing times]
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 03:22:08 -0500 (EST)
Or, I could use Evercleear.
----- Original Message -----

From: "David Thatcher" <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:09:29 PM

The US equivalent is 'denatured alcohol'.

Methylated spirits is mostly ethyl alcohol, and in the past
'denatured' with methyl alcohol to discourage drinking. These days it
contains bittering agents and sometimes colour dye.

I imagine you might be able to use iso-propyl alcohol (sold as rubbing
alcohol in the US, though you'd have to be careful to make sure it was
only IPA and water, some have oils etc. added)

davidt