Re: [OM] Looking for macro, om 80 bellows?

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for macro, om 80 bellows?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:48:17 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<One of my earliest posts when I found this list was a query as to how/why the
50/2.0 was superior to the 50/3.5 for macro work and 50/1.4 for regular work,
as Gary's tests showed the macros to be equal from f5.6 to f11, where <<macro
work would be done, and the last 50/1.4s to be better at the wider apertures.

All is true as stated.  50/2 a bit soft at F2 as well.  However, 50/1.4
performance close up not as good and the bokeh is much improved in many
circumstances on the 50/2 vs the 50/3.5.  "Rendering" is different too, but
that is
difficult to quantify. Curiously Oly with there recent fast MFT portrait lens
paid attention to the focus transition zone to achieve smoother results w/o
using an APD element.

Mike