[OM] Why can't they get it right? [was Converters Are Us]

Subject: [OM] Why can't they get it right? [was Converters Are Us]
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 19:24:49 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I fondly recall His Mooseness' elegant dissertation on the different algorithms
used by the converters to correct linear distortion.  That was a 5/5 lens cap
post and the most thorough analysis of that topic I have ever seen.

http://lists.tako.de/html/Olympus-OM/2016-09/msg00059.html

As you know I have always railed against the empire of being bound by the OEM
metadata corrections AND they crop the image too much.  Why ACR/LR could not
leave it as with Canyon where  the degree of
correction is adjustable by the user, is a mystery.  The DXO image unlike PTL
is a bit larger, but that is OK and at least it is adjustable.  BTW, by the
time you constructed those superb roll-overs, a complete set of images
to submit for PTL could probably have been shot.

Bent out of shape too,  Mike