Re: [OM] OT: Seaplanes

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Seaplanes
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 11:58:00 -0800
> From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> and the last time I was in Vancouver, circa 2014, these one engined
> small prop jobbie sea planes made an enormous noise taking off from Coal
> Harbour on the downtown's fringe. More than enough to spoil the quiet
> tranquility of Stanley Park :-)
>
> Time to move the airline to a slough adjacent to YVR !

You got a point.

But a huge part of their appeal is delivering you downtown, not an hour’s Sky
Train ride away from downtown.

So I doubt they’d do as well economically out by YVR. Not that economics is
always a good excuse...

BTW: most of them are twin-engine turboprops these days.

:::: Think of the earth as a living organism that is being attacked by billions
of bacteria whose numbers double every forty years. Either the host dies, or
the [parasite] dies, or both die. -- Gore Vidal
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Gore+Vidal>
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::