Re: [OM] Anybody using their legacy OM glass with Sony full frame digita

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody using their legacy OM glass with Sony full frame digital?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 17:02:36 -0800
A.M writes:

. . .

<<I use various MF glass on a simple A7 for my Alt/artistic/whatever photography. It's a
great platform for that, as so many lenses either designed for less than optically perfect
results or giving them at larger apertures anyway are FF glass, and much of their aberrant magic
is lost on crop sensors. <<All but the last two images here were taken with A7 and MF
glass. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=20640>

Great gallery, glad had opportunity to look at them.

Thanks!

Admire the aberrant behavior especially swirl bokeh in the right situation.

That's fun. People are spending dosh on ancient Soviet lenses or lots of dosh on special new swirly lenses. The no name (unless "TV Lens" is a brand) CCTV 25/1.4 that does those swirls on a 4/3 sensor cost all of $27, including C=>µ4/3 adapter. :-)

Perhaps need to rephrase that.

??

A7 can have a tad of sensor flare with specular highlights, but not an issue
for alt dot M in current use.
All Sonnie sensor stacks can degrade WA performance some in corners especially
RF lenses but will affect some Zuikos.

Haven't noticed anything with my pre-Adaptall Tammy 28/2.8. Small rear element, 14.3 mm vs. 24.4 for OM 28/2. but would I notice - with my Alt hat on??? :-)

A. Swirly Moose