Re: [OM] OT: Seriously Cold Weather

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Seriously Cold Weather
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 18:12:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Here in Phoenix we've had the warmest year on record, and we had just
under 5" of rain for the year.  Also, I'm now fully aware that our average
annual rainfall, calculated on a 30-year sliding average, is steadily
decreasing.  A few years ago it was 8.42", but now it's 7.97".  I'm trying to
get long-term weather data so I can determine if this decline is periodic or
single as we have been told for many years that this part of the world will be
the first to experience serious effects from global climate change.

>>      I've been in some seriously cold weather in my life, but
>>nothing like this:
>
>It made it to 47 here today. Same reason. That high pressure system
>parked off of the PAC NW is allowing us to smell the pineapples from
>Hawaii while the main continent is getting a polar blast. We did get
>freezing rain last night. My commute into work was slicker than KY on
>a doorknob.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson