Re: [OM] Panorama Stitching

Subject: Re: [OM] Panorama Stitching
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 03:17:03 +0000
The Hugin shot seems to have retained more of what was photographed. And
the Hugin processed shot has the benefit of having retained more of the
original and some nice post processing.

Although I have been occasionally frustrated in using Hugin's interface,
it's also been the only way I have managed to achieve a decent pano from
some series, when PS choked on them. Being Linux or Chromebook, or Android
phone only around here, means PS hasn't been an option for years, and not
needing CMYK separation capability obviates any real need for it. So I
don't find that I miss it. Hugin and programs like Digikam, Darktable, and
the Gimp are all worthy replacements for Adobe's offerings, and updated and
improved more often. Money spent (in whatever amount desired) in supporting
them goes directly to development instead of funding marketing and DRM
management, too!

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:43 PM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/30/2017 8:11 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> > Very good demonstration.  I like the processed image.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pano Moose
>
> --
> --