Re: [OM] Panorama Stitching

Subject: Re: [OM] Panorama Stitching
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 21:25:53 -0800
On 1/3/2018 7:17 PM, Scott Gomez wrote:
The Hugin shot seems to have retained more of what was photographed. And
the Hugin processed shot has the benefit of having retained more of the
original

Perspective on really wide shots is tricky. The PS "Cylindrical" makes the distant mountains slope down like The Rock's shoulders. PS "Perspective" shoots them way up, like a guy with big shoulders shrugging. The 'Panini Projection" is a nice, natural looking compromise.

and some nice post processing.

Thanks! I couldn't see any point in working the others. :-)

Although I have been occasionally frustrated in using Hugin's interface,

Only occasionally? I know next time I'll be lost again.

it's also been the only way I have managed to achieve a decent pano from
some series, when PS choked on them.

I don't recall having PS choke. OTOH, I have 32 GB of RAM and the cache on a
fast SSD. :-)

Being Linux or Chromebook, or Android
phone only around here, means PS hasn't been an option for years, and not
needing CMYK separation capability obviates any real need for it. So I
don't find that I miss it. Hugin and programs like Digikam, Darktable, and
the Gimp are all worthy replacements for Adobe's offerings, and updated and
improved more often.

Didn't like the Gimp, some time ago. I've got Darktable, but playing for now is limited to the two apps on trials that expire.

Money spent (in whatever amount desired) in supporting
them goes directly to development instead of funding marketing and DRM
management, too!

Hey! DRM is all I use LR for, a lot, and development there is good!!

Perspective Moose