Re: [OM] OT] Anchorage airport

Subject: Re: [OM] OT] Anchorage airport
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 20:39:21 +0000
Brian

It is very difficult to judge your height over terrain, particularly unfamiliar
terrain, or  in regions where common objects such as trees are a different
height from what you’re used to.  For instance, in the UK we fly over trees
that could be 30 or 40ft in height, where as when we flew in Canada, many
forests were of trees of only 5 to 10ft; it was very easy to be flying too low
over otherwise featureless terrain.

Chris