Re: [OM] Focus Stacketing [was Re: OM-D E-M1 Mark II or?]

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Stacketing [was Re: OM-D E-M1 Mark II or?]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 08:56:36 -0800
> From: usher99@xxxxxxx
>
> You might be right about the adapters.  Regist distance for Mamiya 645 is
> 63.3 min and Sony E 18mm leaving 45 .3 mm.  Min extension for the Oly bellows
> is 36mm, right?

I think going to Oly in the middle is not the best idea. Do you have access to
any other bellows?

You could pick up a T-Mount Vivitar bellows on evilBay, which might make things
easier. Getting a Mamiya body -> T-mount might be a bit of a challenge, but
you’d still need to come up with the female Mamiya if you adapted to Oly, so
you might as well screw the Mamiya female onto a T-mount.

> Perhaps I am off the rails again with this wild hair, but have been thinking
> about this for awhile.  No clue how the Mamiya 35mm behaves at >1:2 mag but
> probably not super well, but may be good enough.

You could craft a simple bag-bellows and play with it to see how it will
perform before throwing money at it. I saw a neat one made from a thrift-store
purse on Instructables. I believe they used plastic milk-jug material to
“secure” the lens to the hole in the bag. Then you’d have a Mamiya-Lensbaby
thing going. :-)

You’re probably best off reversing the Maiya for macro, anyway, so worrying
about its mount is probably moot.

Why don’t you just put the Mamiya on the Hamma? I’ve never seen one, but that
would certainly have the best tilt/shift versatility. But I’m guessing it has a
rather long minimum.