Re: [OM] A few more from Bhutan

Subject: Re: [OM] A few more from Bhutan
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 18:29:01 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Philippe writes:
<<All very attractive - a little too much saturation and some blocked shadows,
<<which nevertheless doesn’t hinder the overall beauty of the scenes.

<<The lady on the ladder would perfectly fit in Tina’s marvelous collections.

<<I also discovered this little fellow and LOVE the photo !!!!
<<http://www.olyendomike.com/Bhutan-Bangkok-2017/i-CDqGSkM/A

Thanks for you comments. Yes still need much refining in PP--still haven't
adjusted to not routinely using ACR  for conversion.  The colors are punchier
out of DXO to start and with a bit of "clear view"--(akin to clarity)
they seem more saturated w/o any saturation or vibrancy adjustments.  I port a
tiff to PS to finish but inertia being such a strong force, some images suffer.
 One of the first thing I learned in PP from Moose when joined the list is not
to limit adjustment to actions that improve the image.  Had I "over boosted"
the shadows before LCE the shadows would have been better.   Layered localized
LCE may have worked better too but more time consuming.  The images start out
more neutral from ACR.

Have a great trip to Bangkok --have a reasonable image of Moose and Carol in a
long-tailed boat that begs to be processed.  Hi to Alice.

Mike