Re: [OM] First panorama

Subject: Re: [OM] First panorama
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 20:53:57 -0800
On 2/7/2018 12:16 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Definitely a little funky, but still kinda cool in an artsy kind of
way. Tells the story, so I guess it's a success.

When I'm doing my higher-quality landscape panos, I'm usually
combining up to 20 images now. My overlap is extreme, to say the
least. I use the AF points as a guide. If I'm doing severe overlap,
I'm going from center AF point to outer AF point in my alignment.

Sounds like a bit of overkill, but more than necessary is definitely better
than too few.

Currently, I'm doing all my pano stitching in Lightroom/Photoshop-CC.

I was doing that, too, but somewhat to very dissatisfied with too many of them. With some landscapes, I had the choice of Dwayne Johnson shoulders, falling away rapidly at the sides, or Dick Nixon shrugs, with sides shooting up.

The Panini Projection in Hugin is an excellent middle ground. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Panorama/_B009385-392_comp.htm>

Sock it to Moose