Re: [OM] Six Months

Subject: Re: [OM] Six Months
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 12:25:15 -0800
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> For the Canon 6D, the most used lenses has been… and 300/4.5 lens

How is the 300 working for you? Is the 6D an APC crop, or full-frame?

I’ve heard a few disparaging things about this lens for micro-4/3rds work, so I
don’t believe I’ve even had it on the camera. But I’d like an encouraging
reason to try it.

I *have* used the 600/6.5, and found that, with “silent shutter,” it works MUCH
better on the OM-D E-M1.2 than it ever worked on the E-3. I tried sandbags, I
tried two tripods, I tried self-timer, I tried two tripods WITH sandbags WITH
self-timer; every shot I ever took on the E-3 had profound evidence of vertical
motion-blur. So I guess I’ve been reticent to playing with the 300/4.5.

:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::