[OM] Sensor cleaning [was Six Months]

Subject: [OM] Sensor cleaning [was Six Months]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 23:15:30 -0800
<<<<I certainly don't miss those days. I've had yet to do any cleaning of Oly or
Panny µ4/3 sensors. Did get a couple of dust bunnies on the A7, that blew right off.

Sonnie  A7 series cams do seem to be dust magnets.

I've only had the one problem so far. I have as yet used it almost exclusively at home and in the yard, although there have been lots of lens changes.

I have rocket blower resistant cooties on the GM-5

I have a Rocket Blower. Fortunately, it's is sorta decorative (Oyster Catcher color scheme), as it's useless for the purpose of cleaning sensors. No better than the ear syringe I had tried at first. It has neither the tight focus nor the velocity needed to do this job.

It's rather like blowing with my mouth at fallen leaves, or asking them to go away. You need a powered leaf blower (Dust-Off-ish) and/or rake (SensorPen).

and have been reluctant to get out the sensor pen for the reason AG mentioned.
Not sure what to do.

I haven't had that problem. If the pen pushes stuff into the corner, the corner of the pen can push/flip the debris up and out. Then dab or blow it out of the chamber.  It's a matter of decent manual dexterity, I suppose.

I have yet to see a speck on the E-M1-Mk1ii.

The Oly dust removal is magic! I think I've removed something from a Panny sensor once? They seem amazingly dust free, compared to the 300D, 5D, 60D and A7.

My practice of minimal lens changes, esp. in the field, may be a factor.

Clean Room Moose