Re: [OM] IMG: Two Birds

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two Birds
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:17:30 -0800
On 2/18/2018 10:05 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Hi Chris,

I believe that the focal length is still 500mm, but the field of view is equivalent to that of  a lens of 750mm.  The glass doesn't change, but it sees less because of the cropped sensor.

I like the clarity of that description.

Oh, some of my birder patients have abandoned the heavy  fast bazooka lenses
with Wimberley gimbals  for smaller sensor image stabilized  mirrorless
rigs--one had a shoulder injury so had no choice, but he had few complaints..

I like the good use to which you are putting that shoulder stock, Jim. And many of the results. I don't think I could do that well doing MF at those FLs - whether as a matter of ability or patience may be moot, as I don't have the patience.

I've gone the route Mike describes, and am happy with it. My excellent Nikkor-Q 200/4, good OM 300/4.5 and 2xA teleconverter wait in the closet.

Long Reach Moose