Re: [OM] 16mm Zuiko Fisheye and OM 3 OM4 OM4T/Ti cameras will not releas

Subject: Re: [OM] 16mm Zuiko Fisheye and OM 3 OM4 OM4T/Ti cameras will not release more info
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 21:39:29 -0800
On 2/23/2018 3:14 PM, Mark Kronquist wrote:
Verbosity is the soul of wit? No?

Okay I had to leave for a meeting. I thought, at first, one of my OM-4ts was
acting up NOPE  fine ditto OM 3

Got back tried on OM 1 and OM 2 all variants no release

Weird

Okay DOF preview not working aperture not stopping down

The only thing that can be is trouble with the aperture stop down tab. The DoF preview button and the stop down lever in the camera body both work, quite separately, by operating that tab.

The DoF preview button is not dependent on being mounted on a body. Set to a small aperture and move the tab. If the diaphragm closes, that's OK. If it doesn't work, the lens can't work properly on any body.

Now use the DoF button. It should do exactly what your finger just did, push the tab around in its slot. If that doesn't work, it doesn't matter for camera operation, but you could fix it. The mechanisms are right under the mount and rather simple.

If the DoF button works off the body, but not on it, there is some sort of mechanical interference. If the tab is bent sideways, and rubbing on the side of the mount, that would tent to close the aperture as the lens is mounted on the body. When you say the DoF preview doesn't work, is that by looking into the lens, or by looking through the VF? If the later, and it's already stopped down from rubbing, you won't see any change in VF brightness when you push the DoF button, but in the lens, the aperture may be stopped down.

If the tab is bent out, the stop down lever might miss it.

It's possible for the tab to be short, bent down or shortened somehow. The body stop down lever then could miss it. But that would not affect the DoF button. If the DoF button doesn't work off camera, there are two problems.

Diagnostic Moose