Re: [OM] OT: Major Earthquake

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Major Earthquake
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:04:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Many years ago an online friend from Britain was visiting Wellington when
THE BIG ONE struck.  His building remained upright, but one across the street
of about the same height leaned over and came to rest against his.  They all
got out by way of the stairwell.  I've had some harrowing experiences in my
life, but none of them compare with that.

>I've been up on the 15th floor several times in the past couple of
>weeks and I think that building is always in motion. There have been
>quite a few people, through the years, that couldn't work in it
>because of the motion. Not only does it move in the wind, but every
>tiny bit of earth motion is magnified in it. Little sharp jolts turn
>into big sways.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson