Re: [OM] Oly firmware updates for E-M1 II, Pen-F and E-M5 II

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly firmware updates for E-M1 II, Pen-F and E-M5 II
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 22:38:39 -0800
On 2/28/2018 6:51 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Comparison test under way . . .

Like to hear about/see the result. I have considered that 12-100 as a
close-to-the-car walkabout lens.

Well, I just posted my first impressions of in-camera Focus Stacking.

The 12-100 itself is an excellent zoom optically. Not perfect, but darn good
over the whole range.

It's two main drawbacks for me are size/weight and close focus. The PLeica 12-60 is a much more appealing physical package, but short of reach. OTOH, the 12-60 has close focus/max magnification at 60 mm, and the 12-100 has it at 12 mm. I've written before about how awkward and impractical that is.

The really easy, and good but slow, walkabout lenses are the Panny 14-140 and Oly 14-150. I sold the Oly and bought the Panny simply to get OIS for use on the GM5.

Which Lens Moose