Re: [OM] Ebay 20% off sale Mar 9

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay 20% off sale Mar 9
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 11:12:56 -0800
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

For the addicts among you...

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html
THANK YOU!

Just scored a Metabones Ultra OM —> m4/3rds for $359.20 from Adorama via
evilBay. These things NEVER go on sale!

Now, I’ll get to see what all the fuss is about, and if it is REALLY
significantly better than the Kipon Baveyes Ultra.

BTW: OM 21/2 is disappointing on the Kipon Baveyes, with significant CA in the
edges (even stopped down). I was doing a nodal alignment for panorama use,
sighting a foreground radio antenna against a background picture frame. The
radio antenna looks like a rainbow when at edge of the frame. So this combo
looks useless for astrophotography. Damn.

Advice from Ctein, who spent endless hours on research, try-outs, returns, etc., in search of the best 12 mm lens for µ4/3. The final test was shooting aurorae in Yellowknife, with the PLeica 12/1.4. According to him, flat field, tack sharp to the edges; stars at the far reaches of the frame are still pinpoints. Fast as well, which doesn't hurt. (Not quite as good in IR, which is important to him, but still the best he found.)

If you seriously want to do WA astrophotography, bite the $$ bullet, perhaps covered in part by sales of the stuff that doesn't work.

Seeing Stars Moose