[OM] IMG: Recycling

Subject: [OM] IMG: Recycling
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 19:37:08 -0600
My old Dell Pentium IV machine with Windows XP installed has been idle since I bought a new PC with Windows 7.  To provide me with a backup in case of PC problems, my son converted the old machine to operate on Ubuntu, which can be used successfully on the internet.  This photo shows him finishing up the task.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180309-P3097270.JPG.html

The machine rests on a surplus government typist's desk from the 1930s, whose drawers show obvious signs of being made with hand tools.  It occurred to me that the workers that built it would never have dreamed of the technology now adorning the old desk.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA