Re: [OM] Variable ND filters[Was : Re: Nathan's PAD 21/2/2018: two facet

Subject: Re: [OM] Variable ND filters[Was : Re: Nathan's PAD 21/2/2018: two facets of a long day in Bulgaria
From: Michael Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 23:08:19 -0400
Cc: Michael Gordon <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Already Neutral Moose writes:
<<I wanted an ND so I can control the relationship between <<aperture, shutter
and ISO. For example, my ancient Canon FL <<58/1.2 is quite differently "bad" @
f1.2 and f2.0, then <<starts to get good @ f2.8, so I may want a particular
amount <<of ND to stay in the "bad" zone on a bright day.

Hmmm,

A7 has max ss of 1/8K IIRC, though no total e shutter for faster SS.  Back of
the envelope calc says should get you to F2 at sunny 16.  Mebbe not quite
enough.  Must say ND for slow SS can be replaced by multi-exposure technique
simplified by Sonnie Smooth Reflection app that yields a single combined low
noise raw file.   I was smitten by that capability.

Why did they kill it, Mike

Sent from my iPhone