Re: [OM] Word Picture will have to suffice

Subject: Re: [OM] Word Picture will have to suffice
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 08:32:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
   Here are some photos to whet the appetite:

https://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/cell-phone-telecommunications-tower-covered-in-wind-blown-ice.jpg

http://alaska.coastguard.dodlive.mil/files/2012/01/DSCN1854.jpg

https://spectrum.ieee.org/image/Mjk4ODAwOQ.jpeg

     That last one may be similar to what you are describing as it was taken in
Alaska.

>Unfortunately, I'm not authorized to share the photos, but I saw one
>of the most amazing things. Imagine for a minute the following:
>
>A 90+ foot freestanding microwave tower completely encased in
>snow/ice. With the buildup, it's a solid 100 foot high block of white
>that is about 25 foot across. It looks like a castle. As the microwave
>antennas are lightly heated, you can just barely see parts of them
>sticking out through the white.
>
>I've seen towers encased in ice, but at least you could tell that it's
>a tower and you can see the bracings. Not this time--it's just a solid
>block of white.
>
>To say that we deal with "extremes" up here is an understatement.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson