Re: [OM] More Bangkok [was IMG: Street Food Porn in Bangkok]

Subject: Re: [OM] More Bangkok [was IMG: Street Food Porn in Bangkok]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 01:20:26 -0700
On 3/22/2018 11:21 PM, Philippe wrote:
Magic!

Are you using LR?

No. I use LR only as a DRM tool, for which it's good, maybe even great.

If so, how do you cut the people out to further process them only?

I don't, and I imagine no one does, 'cause LR doesn't do that. I dislike it as an editor with an intensity that may seem unwarranted. :-)

I do almost all my Raw conversion in ACR=>PS. Some WA to UWA images I convert in DxO, for the better distortion correction, then they go to PS. I do ALL my editing in PS.

The vast majority of my editing involves at least one layer with a mask, some three, four, occasionally more. The insect I just posted looks simple. Sure, from my perspective. But the background was toned down, more at the bottom than top, using a gradient mask on a layer with reduced brightness. The subject was treated to LCE and Curves without any effect on the background.

That's separation that I like; the whole subject in focus and the background
that it's touching unintrusive.

Layered Moose