Re: [OM] 21mm 2.0 for sale in Europe

Subject: Re: [OM] 21mm 2.0 for sale in Europe
From: Jan Steinman via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 11:23:41 -0700
Cc: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> A 21/3.5 recently made its way into my camera bag. Never shot much of
> anything wider than 24mm.

Run! Hide! There is still time to escape!

Naw, you’re sucked in, now. Next will be the 18/3.5, and then the 16 fisheye,
and then the 7-14 zoom for your micro four thirds body, and then, and then, and
then…

I just got the Meike 6.5mm f2 nearly-circular fisheye. (It’s a full circle on
APS-C, but has the top and bottom chopped off on m4/3rds.) Talk about “eye
opener!” When holding the grip on the OM-D E-M1.2, your fingers are in the
picture!

It seems like a gimmick, but it’s pretty cool to be able to shoot a 360 by 180
full sphere panorama in six shots! hugin makes the stitching pretty easy. I’ve
been playing with planetoids. Here is my first attempt, which doesn’t do a very
good job of showing off our new apple orchard. The key seems to have a number
of things very close in that stick up into the skyline.

        http://www.EcoReality.org/file/Planet_EcoReality_1.jpg

I’m planning some “reverse planetoids” with the Milky Way, using the 21/2 and
the Metabones.

Jan