[OM] Epson V700 slide scanning

Subject: [OM] Epson V700 slide scanning
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 14:27:46 -0400
I've been hunting high and low for guidance on scanning slides with my (not used for a long time) Epson V700, and I don't get any clear picture from what I've read to date (Vuescan manual, Epson Scan manual, and Web postings). What I'd *like* to do is put 12 slides in the holder, launch Vuescan, select a few appropriate settings, click Preview then (after any tweaking and re-Preview-ing) click Scan, and see 12 decent TIFFs appear in the scans folder.

My Vuescan manual (copyright 2017) doesn't fully match my software (9.6.07), so that's the start of my confusion, but I don't think Hamrick provides any direct support for slide holders. I'm thinking that I have to measure the dimensions/offsets of the slide positions in the holder and somehow configure Batch mode to respect these. Or... just lay the slides side-by-side in an array and make similar measurements. If so, seems awfully hokey.

Any similar experience, or advice to offer?

Thanks,
Michael