Re: [OM] Converters - The Conclusion for Now

Subject: Re: [OM] Converters - The Conclusion for Now
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 11:33:05 -0800
> The Canon profiles are still there. Next to the profile pull-down menu is
> a button made of four small rectangles. Click it, and a whole long list of
> other profiles appears. They’re in groups: Favorites, Adobe Profiles,
> Camera Profiles, B&W, Modern, and Vintage.

Ah! I wondered if they got relocated instead of just removed.
Honestly, though, I doubt I'll ever touch those things again.

> I agree that the RAW conversions are improved with this new version of
> Lightroom CC Classic. I’ve been especially pleased with B&W conversions.
> This is the first version of Lightroom I have been able to do B&W
> conversions, without third-party plugins, that equal those from plugins
> like Silver Efex.

The pictures I posted last night (two on FB, one on my site), were
done in the new version. I wouldn't have gotten halfway there with the
previous version without serious effort. I added a couple of gradient
filters and yanked the sliders around a little bit and "Bob's your
uncle".

I almost posted the B&W version from Lightroom. I agree! It's far
better than before and good enough that Silver Efex Pro is almost
redundant. If nothing else, it works as a great guide for testing
theories before wasting time in the NIK suite.

AG