[OM] IMG: Santa Faz 2018

Subject: [OM] IMG: Santa Faz 2018
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 21:51:20 +0200
Thursday was a holiday in Alicante, devoted to Santa Faz, a tradition going
back 500 years. A procession of many thousands of pilgrims begins at the
cathedral in the centre early in the morning and reaches the monastery of Santa
Faz, about 8 km to the north, around 10 a.m. The monastery houses an important
relic brought here from the Vatican in the 15th century, a piece of cloth
supposedly used to wipe Jesus’s face on his way to crucification. On this one
day a year, the relic is displayed on the square in front of the monastery, a
mass is said, and then people rest/eat/drink/party according to temperament and
need. I joined the procession with my bicycle and my camera, which resulted in
this gallery of 50 images:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Santa-Faz-2018/

More explanations are included in the gallery description and the captions.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>