Re: [OM] Epson P800

Subject: Re: [OM] Epson P800
From: Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 13:56:33 -0400
I have a P800, and I love it. It won’t leave pizza marks if you set it
correctly.

For the thick papers like Epson Velvet (a GORGEOUS and not terribly
expensive paper if you want a matte surface fine art paper) and Ilford
Gold Fibre Silk, you have to load the paper in the front tray, not the
regular sheet feeder on top of the printer, and you have to set the platen
gap to WIDE. If you do those things, you’ll never have issues with thick
papers.

Compared to the Epson r2400 I used for many years before getting the P800,
the P800 has deeper blacks, a much wider color gamut (reproduces saturated
blues much better), the prints have less metamerism, there's virtually no
bronzing effect on glossy papers, and of course you can make larger prints.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

On 4/15/18, 12:23 PM, "olympus on behalf of Tina Manley"
<olympus-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf